Thursday, January 11, 2007

2007 is a Busy Year

It's been what, eleven days since the start of the New Year? And all this time, I've been coming home at 9 pm at the earliest--it's busy, busy, busy.

I honestly don't know what's in store for me. The last few weeks of 2006 has been abysmal. I got sick for one thing. I didn't make my sixty-book-a-year quota (by my last count, I was almost at three quarters of that). And I can't call myself a writer if I don't do some actual writing.

In the past ten days, something strange has happened. I found my muse and new writing habits. I'm trying to meet a one thousand word quota each day (in one form or another), whether the Internet works or it doesn't. Guerilla writing at work is the name of the game--and so far in the lull moments of January, I've actually managed to write not one but a few short stories (but alas, they're not yet print worthy and have to go through the torturous machinery we call 'editing').

Anyway, here are my plugs for the start of the year:

Stipends for Playing RPGs - how I wish I was still a student...

Read or Die Convention Needs Funds - Donate, volunteer, participate... it's all for a good cause.

Apple's iPhone - Still far from my ideal phone but for a moment there, I was tempted to save up for a new mobile phone. At least all the Mac Rumors have been confirmed.

Edited: Removed the quotation marks in the word good in the event that some people (and someone did get offended) misinterpret it.

No comments: