Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Epic Fantasy of Hugh Cook

I get a warm, fuzzy feeling whenever I get to bounce off the post of other bloggers. I was going through My Elves are Different and he name drops Hugh Cook, an author of a 10-book epic series. Now I'm unfamiliar with Hugh Cook so I do a quick Wikipedia research. Apparently his Chronicles of an Age of Darkness series was originally intended to be twenty novels long, succeeded by two equally lengthy series (making it a 60-book epic!). Unfortunately, it wasn't to be so (don't worry, Cook is still alive).

2 comments:

Merric said...

I really wasn't that fond of the Hugh Cook books I read, so I can't say I'm overly sorry the series is only 10 books long!

Anonymous said...

Actually, Hugh's books vary a lot in tone through the series: epic, picaresque, science fiction, urban ...